2019-20 Academic Venture Fund Supplemental Grants
Academic Venture Fund Supplemental Grants support undergraduate participation in cutting-edge, community-engaged projects funded by the Atkinson Center for a Sustainable Future
- Combined Solar Heating and Thermoelectric Generation as Distributed Energy Resources
Evaluating the feasibility of alternative heating and electricity technologies.
- Design Research for Carbon Removal
Locating and designing “land labs” that demonstrated carbon removal practices to a range of audiences.
- Grazing Sheep on Solar Array Sites
Discovering best practices to boost pollinator habitat and sequester soil carbon.
- Living with Leopards
Exploring the effects of human-leopard interaction on food security and public health in Nepal.
- Seed Mixtures for Climate Resilience in Ethiopia
Using seed mixtures to help farmers engaged new market opportunities while enhancing their climate resilience.
- Spoiling Fish as Food
Examining how harmful algal blooms are affecting fish nutritional quality and fish safety in Lake Victoria.
- Sustainable Pollination Resources for New York Apple Farmers
Researching how farmers’ decisions about pollination resources affect yield, farm profitability and pollinator conservation.
- Turning Wastewater Treatment Facilities into Local Microgrid Hubs
Re-envisioning wastewater treatment facilities as energy-generators that also recover nutrients and food wastes for reuse in local agriculture.
Academic Venture Fund Supplemental Grants
Supporting undergraduate participation in cutting-edge, community-engaged projects funded by the Atkinson Center for a Sustainable Future