In this moment of tremendous challenge and opportunity, we are excited to offer students the tools to collaborate with communities and pursue change in any issue of public concern. This is a great opportunity to become part of a small cohort of action-oriented students and prepare to participate in Cornell’s rich ecosystem of community-engaged learning and social change.
During the three-week intensive series, students participate in eight hours of readings and online gatherings, including an orientation, workshops, dialogues and a celebration. Together they will:
- Explore the building blocks of community-engaged leadership
- Prepare for action through readings and dialogue
- Reflect on their mindset for taking action
- Explore their social identities
This intensive satisfies the Leadership Education components of Stage 1 of the Certificate in Community-Engaged Leadership. Students who complete the intensive can opt to continue with the three-stage certificate program.
There is no cost to participate.
Fall 2020 Intensive: Oct. 5-22
Register for the Orientation to get started. All meeting times are 3-4 p.m.
- Monday, Oct. 5 Orientation to the Certificate in Engaged Leadership
- Thursday, Oct. 8 Pre-Engagement Workshop
- Monday, Oct. 12 Dialogue 1 Asset-Based Community Development
- Thursday, Oct. 15 Connecting Identity to Community Workshop
- Monday, Oct. 19 Dialogue 2 Connecting Identity to Systems
- Thursday, Oct. 22 Celebration
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.