In this moment of tremendous challenge and opportunity, we are excited to offer students, faculty and staff the tools to collaborate with communities and pursue change in any issue of public concern. This is a great opportunity to become part of a small cohort of action-oriented peers and prepare to participate in Cornell’s rich ecosystem of community-engaged learning and social change.
The three-week intensive series includes eight hours of readings and online gatherings, including an orientation, workshops, dialogues and a celebration. Together, participants will:
- Explore the building blocks of community-engaged leadership
- Prepare for action through readings and dialogue
- Reflect on their mindset for taking action
- Explore their social identities
This intensive satisfies the Leadership Education components of Stage 1 of the Certificate in Community-Engaged Leadership, open to undergraduate students. Students who complete the intensive can opt to continue with the three-stage certificate program.
There is no cost to participate.
Winter 2021 Intensive: Feb. 16-March 4
Register for the Orientation to get started. All meeting times are 1:30-2:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, Feb. 16 Orientation to the Certificate in Engaged Leadership
- Thursday, Feb. 18 Pre-Engagement Workshop
- Tuesday, Feb. 23 Dialogue 1 Asset-Based Community Development
- Thursday, Feb. 25 Connecting Identity to Community Workshop
- Tuesday, March 2 Dialogue 2 Connecting Identity to Systems
- Thursday, March 4 Celebration
Contact email@example.com with questions.