In this moment of tremendous challenge and opportunity, we are excited to offer students the tools to collaborate with communities and pursue change in any issue of public concern. This is a great opportunity to become part of a small cohort of action-oriented students and prepare to participate in Cornell’s rich ecosystem of community-engaged learning and social change.
During the three-week intensive series, students participate in eight hours of readings and online gatherings, including an orientation, workshops, dialogues and a celebration. Together they will:
- Explore the building blocks of community-engaged leadership
- Prepare for action through readings and dialogue
- Reflect on their mindset for taking action
- Explore their social identities
This intensive satisfies the Leadership Education components of Stage 1 of the Certificate in Community-Engaged Leadership. Students who complete the intensive can opt to continue with the three-stage certificate program.
There is no cost to participate.
Winter 2021 Intensive I: Jan. 5-21
Register for the Orientation to get started. All meeting times are 10-11 a.m.
- Tuesday, Jan. 5 Orientation to the Certificate in Engaged Leadership
- Thursday, Jan. 7 Pre-Engagement Workshop
- Tuesday, Jan. 12 Dialogue 1 Asset-Based Community Development
- Thursday, Jan. 14 Connecting Identity to Community Workshop
- Tuesday, Jan. 19 Dialogue 2 Connecting Identity to Systems
- Thursday, Jan. 21 Celebration
Winter 2021 Intensive II: Jan. 19-Feb. 4
Register for the Orientation to get started. All meeting times are 1-2 p.m.
- Tuesday, Jan. 19 Orientation to the Certificate in Engaged Leadership
- Thursday, Jan. 21 Pre-Engagement Workshop
- Tuesday, Jan. 26 Dialogue 1 Asset-Based Community Development
- Thursday, Jan. 28 Connecting Identity to Community Workshop
- Tuesday, Feb. 2 Dialogue 2 Connecting Identity to Systems
- Thursday, Feb. 4 Celebration
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.