Engaged Ambassadors are passionate about community-engaged learning, and they are excited to share their passion with you. They mentor students pursuing the Certificate in Community-Engaged Leadership, lead workshops and discussions, coordinate outreach efforts, manage funding opportunities and more.
Outreach and Recruitment Team
This team recruits students into the Certificate in Community-Engaged Leadership program and raises awareness about the program. The team attends Cornell community events, such as career fairs and Club Fest, and also presents to classes and student organizations. They lead the students orientation — the starting point for the certificate program — and run the Engaged Ambassador Instagram account.
- Ezinwa (Ezi) Osuoha ’22, Biology and Society
- Office hours: Mondays 10 a.m.–noon and Wednesdays 4–6 p.m.
- Millena Yohannes ’22, Sociology
- Office hours: Mondays 10 a.m.–noon and Wednesdays 10 a.m.–noon.
Peer Mentorship Team
Peer mentors help students navigate all aspects of the Certificate in Community-Engaged Leadership program, especially engaging with students as they critically reflect on their community-engaged learning experiences. The team also hosts Reconnect and Reenergize workshops where students check in and reconnect with the program and other students doing similar community-engaged leadership work. Peer mentors are the “front line” for the program, so reach out to them with questions!
- Lassan Bagayoko ’22, Government
- Office hours: Mondays 2–5 p.m. and Thursdays 2–4 p.m.
- Aisha Conte ’23, Sociology
- Office hours: Wednesdays 9–10:45 a.m.
- Emily Walton ’22, Biology and Society
- Office hours: Mondays 3–5 p.m. and Tuesdays 9–11 a.m.
Resource Allocation Team
This team manages funding requests for the Certificate in Community-Engaged Leadership and Serve in Place Fund. They support students as they fill out the applications, review and make decisions about funding requests and guide grantees through critical reflection on their experiences. The team can also help students find sources of funding outside OEI.
- Candace Megerssa ’22, Policy Analysis and Management
- Krinal Thakkar ’23, Biology and Society, and Psychology
- Office hours: Thursdays 10:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m.
Workshop Facilitation Team
This team heads the foundational pillar of leadership for the Certificate in Community-Engaged Leadership by providing workshops where Cornell students, faculty, staff and community members to learn more about leading with public purpose. Importantly, this team facilitates the leadership retreat workshop, which is the transition for students to enter stage 2 of the program.
- Alex Foley ’22, Industrial and Labor Relations
- Office hours: Wednesdays 10:45 a.m.–12:45 p.m.
- Sokhnadiarra Ndiaye ’24, Interdisciplinary Studies
- Office hours: Mondays 12:30–2:30 p.m.
Office hours with Engaged Ambassadors are in the Engaged Cornell Hub on the 3rd floor of Kennedy Hall.
- 10 a.m.–noon with Millena
- 10 a.m.–noon with Ezinwa
- 12:30–2:30 p.m. with Sokhnadiarra
- 2–5 p.m. with Lassan
- 3–5 p.m. with Emily
- 9–11 a.m. with Emily
- 9–10:45 a.m. with Aisha
- 10 a.m.–noon with Millena
- 10:45 a.m.–12:45 p.m. with Alex
- 4–6 p.m. with Ezinwa
- 10:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m. with Krinal
- 2–4 p.m. with Lassan