You work hard to support students. At the Community Engagement Staff Institute, you'll get the support you need to help advance community engagement at Cornell.
The next CESI will be January 7, 2020, 10 a.m.–2 pm, G10 Biotech Building
Co-sponsored by the Public Service Center and the Office of Engagement Initiatives.
Attend this daylong institute and …
- gain a better understanding of community engagement at Cornell
- learn best practices for supporting students who are community engaged
- reflect on your career and identify skills that can help you facilitate high-quality community engagement
- connect with and learn from staff colleagues experienced in partnering with local, national and global communities
- learn about other community engagement opportunities available at Cornell
Sessions and Topics
- Community engagement 101
- Developing students’ critical reflection skills
- What to consider when planning a service project?
- Making data driven choices: Engaged program evaluation
- Frameworks for engaged leadership
CESI is for:
- professional or academic staff who lead or support community engagement initiatives involving students
- internship or other career services professionals who support student placements
- Cornell Cooperative Extension association staff
- other student services staff, including advisors, residence life staff and program managers
- docents, librarians and others
It is not for:
- faculty (instead see the Engaged Faculty Fellowship Program or the Faculty Institute on Community Engaged Learning and Teaching)
Contact Mike Bishop in the Office of Engagement Initiatives.
Phone: (607) 255-0169
In the News
JANUARY 30, 2018
Institute helps staff help students succeed in community engagement
– Cornell Chronicle