Funding for Faculty & Staff
Community-engaged learning funding for faculty and staff comes in a variety of shapes and sizes. Take a look at the three funding areas to see what best suits your work.
- Grants fund community-engaged learning courses, research and scholarship.
- Seeds and supplements help faculty and staff get smaller projects off the ground or add a community-engaged learning component to another grant project.
- Awards honor and celebrate faculty with a history of exemplary engagement.
Public Issue Network Grants
Funding teams who are creating or expanding networks around a shared issued of public concern
- Funding: $30,000 maximum over 1-3 years
- The application was due on January 17, 2022. This application is currently closed.
Engaged Faculty Research Grants
Enhancing student learning and demonstrate impact through community-engaged research.
- Funding: $30,000 two-year maximum (see details)
- The application was due on October 15, 2021. Thanks to everyone who applied!
Engaged Curriculum Grants
Funding teams that are integrating community-engaged learning into new and existing curricula.
- Funding: $80,000 maximum
- Letter of intent for new applicants
is due on January 31, 2022 in 13 days
- Application is due on April 4, 2022 in 76 days
Seeds and Supplements
Engaged Opportunity Grants
Supporting a wide range of community-engaged learning projects, from student leadership programs and partnership building to events and conference travel. Open to all faculty and staff.
- Funding: $3,000 maximum
- Application is due on February 11, 2022 in 24 days
Academic Venture Fund Supplemental Grants
Supporting undergraduate participation in cutting-edge, community-engaged projects funded by the Atkinson Center for a Sustainable Future
- Funding: $10,000 maximum
- The application was due on July 9, 2021. The deadline for this application has passed. It will reopen again in June 2022.
Engaged Scholar Prize
Given to a faculty member who inspires with innovative approaches to community-engaged learning and research.
- Funding: $30,000 prize to expand work
- The application was due on November 26, 2019. We aren't accepting nominations at this time.
George D. Levy Engaged Teaching and Research Award
Recognizing a faculty member whose community collaborations serve as models for outstanding community-engaged learning in higher education.
- Funding: $5,000
- The application was due on May 3, 2021. The nomination form is closed.